Students completing this program will:
- Produce accurate business documents using word processing software.
- Communicate effectively in a business environment both verbally and in writing.
- Apply interpersonal skills as they relate to business.
- Perform front office tasks using simulated electronic health records software including scheduling appointments, registering patients, and documenting patient health information.
- Transcribe medical reports using correct medical terminology and applying editing and language arts skills.
- Prepare health insurance claim forms and document diagnostic and procedure codes.
- Understand the legal and ethical standards of privacy and confidentiality as they apply to patient care.