Welcome to NSCC
The steps below ensure a successful transition to college for new students and students transferring into NSCC.
1. Application and Acceptance
Applications are available through our Admissions Office, and acceptance is granted through our Admissions and Enrollment Offices.
2. Set Up Your MyNorthshore Portal Account
This is the main student portal of all campus business and information.
Set-up your Student Portal Account
3. Placement Assessment
New and Transfer students need to be evaluated for skill levels in key areas of math, reading, and writing. This can be completed through past GPA on your High School or College Transcripts or through Accuplacer Placement Testing.
Placement Testing is available remotely or in-person on an appointment basis when the college is open, including some extended evening hours.
Placement Testing Hours & Appointment Sign-Up
4. Arranging Payment
Payment for college can be arranged by a complete Financial Aid File, Enrollment in a Payment Plan, a Direct Payment via check or credit card or a combination of these.
It is important to complete your FAFSA and Financial Aid paperwork so you can receive financial aid. The earlier you begin the process, the earlier you’ll know the amount available to you.
Learn more about the FAFSA and Financial Aid
5. Class Selection/Registration
Once you are accepted, set up your Student Portal, and have completed placement: you should be ready to adjust/select your class schedule with an advisor. NOTE: Upon acceptance you will likely be assigned a course schedule, which you can adjust with an Academic Advisor.
You can choose/adjust classes in one of two ways:
- Registration Events – Each event will have a short advising prep presentation followed by course discussions with an advisor in small groups and other on-boarding assistance will be available. Events are held on Lynn Campus, Danvers Campus and via Zoom!
Sign up for a Registration Event
- Appointment Advising is available from the Student Support and Advising Center staff for those students unable to attend a Virtual Registration Event. You can contact Student Support and Advising via firstname.lastname@example.org or through Live Chat to arrange an appointment virtually or on-campus.
Live Chat with Student Support and Advising Center
6. New Student Orientation
Once you complete Class Registration, you will choose your Orientation date. Orientations are grouped by the Guided Pathway your program falls into and/or student type. During orientation, which happens in the weeks prior to each semester, you will meet fellow students, interact with academic staff, learn key skills to navigate college, and complete your last-minute details (e.g., get books, ID, parking pass, etc.).
Spring 2023 New Student Orientation Sign-Up Here
For questions, email email@example.com.