Undocumented Students

North Shore Community College welcomes students of all ethnicities and nationalities, including undocumented students. To help undocumented students navigate the College exploration process, we have included some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below that can help.


Are undocumented students eligible for Massachusetts state or federal financial aid?

At this time, undocumented students are not eligible. We encourage our undocumented student population to explore community and private resources to help finance their education.

Are undocumented students eligible for in-state tuition?

In 2012, the governor of Massachusetts announced that students who qualify for the Federal Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program could be charged in-state tuition and fees. In order to be eligible for in-state tuition, applicants must submit a copy of the C-33/DACA card or a copy of the I-797 Notice of Action upon completion of the In-State Tuition Form if requested by Enrollment Services . Please be advised that this legislation may change.

What do I need to know as a DACA student when applying to North Shore Community College?

When completing the application you will indicate that you are a Non-U.S. citizen and a Massachusetts resident to qualify for in-state tuition. As a proof of residency, if requested by Enrollment Services, you will submit a copy of a C-33/DACA card or a copy of an I-797 Notice of Action.


Image of campus

Ready to Begin?

Apply Info Connect