1. What happens once I am accepted to NSCC?
The International Student Advisor will issue an SEVIS Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility). A letter of acceptance, Form I-20, Visa Information Form and copies of financial support and sponsor documents along with a welcome letter with additional information will be sent to the student.

2. How do I obtain my student visa?
If you are outside the United States, you must apply for your F-1 Visa at the United States Embassy or Consulate in your country. To do this, you must schedule an interview at the consulate. A SEVIS fee must be paid and processed before you arrive at the consulate for your interview. You will need to show your SEVIS I-20, receipt of the SEVIS fee, acceptance letter, and financial documentation. If you are already in the United States on a different visa status, you must apply to the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) for a change of visa status to become an F-1 student (not all people qualify for a change of status). The decision to approve or deny your request for a change of status will be made by USCIS.

3. How do I transfer from another institution to NSCC?
If you are currently studying in the United States on an F-1 Visa, sign the I-20 and return it to the International Student Advisor at NSCC no later than 15 days after the start of classes to complete a school transfer.

4. As an international student can I receive financial aid?
Unfortunately, no financial assistance is available from NSCC for international students. International applicants are responsible for all costs associated with studying in the U.S. At no time is an international student eligible for in-state tuition.

5. Is on-campus housing available at NSCC?
There is no on-campus housing. It is your responsibility to obtain your own housing.

6. Will I need my own transportation to get to NSCC?
NSCC has four campuses. Public transportation is available at the Lynn campus. Your choice of program may require you to attend classes at a campus where there is no public transportation.

7. How many courses must I take while at NSCC?
In order to maintain your international student status, you must be a full-time student at all times. Full-time is generally four courses or no less than 12 credits per semester.

8. Are there any programs at NSCC that are not full-time?
International students are not eligible for the following programs because they are not full-time:

  • Aesthetics & Skin Care
  • Computer Aided Design Certificate
  • Culinary Arts and Food Science Certificate
  • Developmental Disabilities Direct Support Certificate
  • Early Care Education: Infant/Toddler Child Care Certificate
  • English as a Second Language Program
  • Fire Protection and Safety Technology: Professional Development Certificate
  • Health Care Office Support Certificate
  • Office Technology Preparatory Option Certificate
  • School Age Child Care Certificate
  • Paraeducator Certificate
  • Cosmetology
  • Fiber Optic and Cat 5 Cabling Technology
Image of campus

Ready to Begin?

Apply Info Chat