Admission Requirements for Fall 2023
Application inquiries may be directed to: SelectiveAdmissions@northshore.edu
Mandatory Information Session Attendance
Applicants must attend a Mandatory Information Session prior to submission of your application. Applicants must attend a session during the academic year prior to admission (after August, 2022). Upcoming dates are available by visiting: http://www.northshore.edu/academics/programs/rsp/mandatory-information-sessions.html. Attendance will be recorded.
ATI TEAS Exam
The ATI TEAS exam is required to be taken at NSCC. Students whose score reports reflect
that they have tested more than two times or at another location other than NSCC must
also submit an official TEAS transcript from ATI: https://atitesting.com/ati_store/ Additional charges may apply. TEAS inquiries may be directed to: TEAS@northshore.edu
Applicants should submit TEAS 7 scores; however, TEAS 6 scores will be accepted for the 2023 application. Applicants for the 2024 cycle and beyond will be required to submit TEAS 7 scores.
Applicants are limited to two attempts within a year (September 1 - August 31), regardless of the testing site and program to which they are applying.
Each of the following sections must be taken: Reading; Math; Science and English.
Minimum required scores: Reading = 65%, Math = 60%, Science = 44%, and English = no minimum score.
Applicants who have earned a Bachelor of Science degree from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education will have the TEAS requirement waived.
NOTE: As of 9/23/2022 TEAS tests for all programs must be taken in person at North Shore Community College. At this time, there is no remote option. TEAS remote reports or test taken elsewhere will only be accepted if the date of testing or date of registration is prior to 9/23/2022. Scores for students who have registered for a remote TEAS test prior to 9/23/2022 will only be accepted with a submitted receipt showing the test was scheduled prior to 9/23/2022.
NSCC Online Application for Admission
Submit the online application for the year for which you are applying; regardless of whether you are a new or current student (a previously submitted application does not count). Once you submit your application, the remaining required documents (below) may be uploaded to your account.
High School Transcript or GED score report
Complete ONE of the following (no time limit on any of the following):
- MAT091, MAT094, MAT002, or MAT061 or equivalent with a final grade of C or higher.
- Module 8 or higher.
- Math proficiency and CEAR score of 54/NGQA score of 262 or higher
- Math ACT score of 22 or higher
- PSAT Math Score of 540 or higher
- Math SAT score of 510 or higher (if taken prior to 2016)
- Math SAT score of 540 or higher (if taken in 2016 or later)
Course can be High School or College level; must have a final grade of C or higher (no time limit)
Complete ONE of the following courses or testing options OR submit a written plan explaining how this requirement will be completed by the end of the Spring 2023 semester:
- BIO211 with a grade of C or higher
- BIO101 or BIO105 with a grade of C or higher (no time limit)
- TEAS version V or VI only - Science section score of 50% or higher (no time limit)
- LPN Certificate (no time limit)
- Bachelor of Science in Biological science (no time limit)
- One of the following within the past 5 calendar years:
- H.S. Biology with a C or higher
- CLEP test with a score of 50 or higher
- AP Biology Test with a 3 or higher
There are many ways to demonstrate this. (See link below.) If you have demonstrated proficiency with your SAT scores or Accuplacer testing from another institution, please upload that document to your application. If you have demonstrated proficiency with your high school GPA or with college level courses, this will be updated upon review of your submitted materials.
Official transcripts from all Colleges/ Universities previously attended
All official college transcripts from previously attended Colleges/ Universities must be submitted directly to NSCC and uploaded by Admissions staff. If you have previously
submitted transcripts and have since completed courses or are currently registered
for courses, then you need to submit an updated transcript. Transcripts may be sent electronically from your college(s) to NSCC at: SelectiveAdmissions@northshore.edu or mailed to: North Shore Community College, Attn: Admissions/Health Programs, 1
Ferncroft Rd., Danvers, MA 01923
Transfer students from another accredited Respiratory Care Program must also provide:
- an official transcript proving enrollment in Respiratory Care within the last 3 years
- course syllabi from all previous Respiratory Care courses. Additional documents can be emailed to: SelectiveAdmissions@northshore.edu
A word-processed essay must be uploaded for the year in which you are applying:
- Why would you like to pursue a career in Respiratory Care and what qualities do you feel would make you a good candidate for our program?