Application Requirements for Fall 2021
Priority Application Deadline: January 15, 2021
Mandatory Information Session Attendance
Applicants must attend a Mandatory Information Session prior to submission of your application. Applicants must attend a session during the academic year prior to admission (Sept. 2020 - March 2021). Upcoming dates are available by visiting http://www.northshore.edu/academics/programs/nsg/mandatory-info-sessions.html. Attendance will be recorded.
ATI TEAS Exam
(As of 2016)
The ATI TEAS exam is preferred to be taken at NSCC. Students whose score reports
reflect that they have tested more than two times or at another location other than
NSCC must also submit an official TEAS transcript from ATI: https://atitesting.com/ati_store/ Additional charges may apply.
Must be ATI TEAS as of 2016. Applicants are limited to two attempts within a year (September 1 - August 31), regardless of the testing site and program to which they are applying.
Minimum required scores: Reading = 69%, Math = 73%, Science = 59.6%, and English = 66.7%
Transfer students from an ACEN or CCNE accredited Nurse Education Program who earned 16 credits of Nursing courses in the past 5 years with a "B" or better are exempt from this exam.
NSCC Online Application for Admission
Submit the online application for the year for which you are applying; regardless of whether you are a new or current student (a previously submitted application does not count). Once you submit your application, the remaining required documents (below) may be uploaded to your account.
There are many ways to demonstrate this. (See link below.) If you have demonstrated proficiency with your SAT scores or Accuplacer testing from another institution, please upload that document to your application. If you have demonstrated proficiency with your high school GPA or with college level courses, this will be updated upon review of your submitted materials.http://www.northshore.edu/academics/proficiency/communications-proficiency.html
High School Transcript or GED score report
Upload a copy of your high school transcript or GED score report. If you previously submitted the transcript or score report and attended classes within the past 5 years, then Enrollment likely has it on file. You can confirm by emailing: SelectiveAdmissions@northshore.edu
Complete one of the following courses or testing options:
- BIO211 with a grade of C or higher
- BIO101 or BIO105 with a grade of C or higher (no time limit)
- TEAS - Science section score of 50% or higher (no time limit)
- LPN Certificate (no time limit)
- Bachelor of Science in Biological science (no time limit)
- One of the following within the past 5 calendar years:
- H.S. Biology with a C or higher
- CLEP test with a score of 50 or higher
- AP Biology Test with a 3 or higher
Course can be High School or College level and must have a final grade of C or higher (no time limit)
Complete one of the following (no time limit on any of the following):
- Completion of high school algebra with a final grade of C or higher.
- MAT110 or equivalent with a final grade of C or higher.
- MAT094 or equivalent with a final grade of C or higher.
- MAT002 or MAT061 with a C or higher completed Fall 2016 or later.
- Module 8 or higher.
- Math proficiency and CEAR score of 54 or NGQA score of 262 or higher
- Math ACT score of 22 or higher
- SAT score of 510 or higher (if taken prior to 2016)
- SAT score of 540 or higher (if taken in 2016 or later)
- College level math course with final grade of C or higher
The following word-processed essay must be uploaded for the year in which you are applying:
Please state why you would like to pursue a Nurse Education career and what qualities do you feel would make you a good candidate for our program.
Official transcripts from all Colleges/ Universities previously attended
All official college transcripts from previously attended Colleges/ Universities must be submitted directly to NSCC and uploaded by Admissions staff. If you have previously submitted transcripts and have since completed courses or are currently registered for courses, then you need to submit an updated transcript. Transcripts may be sent electronically from your college(s) to NSCC at: SelectiveAdmissions@northshore.edu or mailed to: North Shore Community College, Attn: Admissions/Health Programs, 1 Ferncroft Rd., Danvers, MA 01923
Completed Course Requirements
(By the end of NSCC Summer 2021 Semester)
All students accepted into Nurse Education will be required to have completed Anatomy and Physiology 1 (NSCC BIO211) and Composition 1 (NSCC CMP101) prior to the start of the Fall 2021 semester.
Nursing Transfer Students
Nursing Transfer Students ONLY
Transfer students from another ACEN or CCNE accredited Nurse Education program looking to receive transfer credit must also provide:
- an official transcript proving enrollment in nursing courses within the last 2 years.
- A grade of "B" or better in a comparable nursing course is required for transfer credit. However, transfer credits are NOT guaranteed and will be evaluated upon acceptance into the program.
- letter of recommendation from the Nurse Education Program, preferably from a clinical instructor or Nursing Faculty Adviser. (Name and email of your reference will need to be included in your application.)
- documentation showing completion of at least 8 credits of comparable course work in an ACEN or CCNE accredited Nurse Education program.
- course syllabi from all previous Nurse Education courses. Additional documents can be emailed to: SelectiveAdmissions@northshore.edu
- Review all transfer policies on our Web site: http://www.northshore.edu/academics/programs/nsg/policies.html
NOTE: An informational meeting is required by the Department Chairperson/Director of Nursing. Previous Nursing courses may not align with the NSCC curriculum and may not transfer.