Application Period Opens March 1, 2024!
The scholarship application period opens on March 1, 2024. Scholarship awards are for the 2024-2025 academic year (Fall 2024 – Spring 2025). Amounts are split out equally over the two terms and apply to credits enrolled*. Students eligible to apply:
- Current NSCC students who have earned a minimum of 6 credits, have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5, and enroll in a minimum of 6 credits* for the Fall 2024 semester.
- Spring 2024 New or Transfer students who are enrolled in at least 6 credits at NSCC and plan to continue their education at NSCC in Fall 2024
- Students who are currently enrolled in at least one ESL course and who have earned a minimum of 3 ESL credits.
- Incoming Fall 2024 students with a minimum high school GPA of 2.8 or GED equivalency and who plan to enroll in a minimum of 6 credits for the Fall 2024 semester.
- Graduating students (in Spring 2024) and alumni who are continuing their college education at four-year institutions for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Adult Basic Education - NSCC students who have completed the Adult Basic Education program at NSCC.
*Exceptions may be made for those graduating in January 2025
Application period close dates:
- April 8, 2024 for current students and graduating students/alumni
- July 1, 2024 for incoming students
Scholarship Awards Spotlight
Meet Angella and Sean, 2023 Scholarship Awardees
Since 1985, the NSCC Foundation Scholarship Program has provided scholarship awards to current and incoming NSCC students. Additionally, the NSCC Alumni Association partners with the Scholarship Program to award four scholarships annually to NSCC graduating students and alumni continuing their education at four-year institutions. For the 2023-2024 academic year, more than 300 students were awarded scholarships totaling more than $340,000.
More than $5 million in scholarships have helped NSCC students and alumni achieve their academic goals.
Foundation Scholarships are funded by generous donors through the North Shore Community College Foundation. Students are matched to the scholarships for which they meet the criteria, and a final decision is rendered by an internal scholarship review committee comprised of NSCC faculty and staff (current and retired), as well as representatives from the NSCC Foundation Board of Directors. Some scholarships are renewable for multiple semesters, based on student performance.
For questions or to learn more about the NSCC Foundation Scholarship Program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.