Completing your FAFSA
There are currently no FAFSA Help Sessions scheduled. Please check back for upcoming Sessions.
Finish Your FAFSA!
There are many misconceptions floating around about “how hard it is to complete a FAFSA”. The Student Financial Services wants you to take charge and complete your FAFSA before the Fall Priority Deadline of May 1st! The website to you complete your FAFSA is www.fafsa.gov. And the school code is 002173. This is why you should fill out the FAFSA:
- It’s Free!
- It is easier than ever.
- It takes about 20 minutes to complete.
- More people qualify than you’d think.
- You may need it for state and private scholarships!
- Complete your FAFSA here >
At NSCC, we offer free resources and helpful videos on our website. This way you can complete the FAFSA at any time. Try to complete the form on your own and if you have a hard time "save" it because we are offering FAFSA sessions on both Campuses to help you complete the form.
A financial aid counselor will be available during these times to help assist you with your questions. The sessions start promptly at the time listed and last about a half hour. Parents are welcome to attend! Don’t forget the following information:
- Obtain a FSA User ID (you should complete this step 3 days before you attend one of the sessions).
- Your 2015 Federal Tax Return
- Social Security Number
- Alien Registration number or Permanent Residency Card (if applicable)
- Driver’s License (if applicable)
- Any information about investments or assets.
If you are under the age of 24 we will need additional information from your parent(s):
- FSA User ID for your parent.
- 2015 Federal Tax Return
- Social Security Number(s) and Birth Date(s)
- Alien Registration number or Permanent Residency Card(s) (if applicable)
- Any information about investments or assets
Please contact the Office of Student Financial Services with any questions.