Find out if distance learning is a good fit for you by answering yes or no to the following questions.
- I have (or am willing to obtain) access to a computer and an Internet connection at
home. (A computer and Internet access is required for online and hybrid courses.)
- I feel that high quality learning can take place without having face-to-face interaction.
- I can dedicate 6 to 9 hours a week (anytime during the day or night) per course to
participate in the learning process.
- Prioritizing tasks -- and then accomplishing them before their deadlines -- is one
of my strong points. I am not a procrastinator.
- I am comfortable communicating my ideas in writing.
- I am able to learn and understand material (textbooks, articles, websites) by reading
or viewing it on my own.
- I feel l could learn as much through written communication with my classmates as I
do through oral discussions in a classroom.
- I am comfortable working independently and do not feel the need for constant attention
and direction from the instructor.
- I am comfortable with sending email, browsing websites, and using new technologies.
- My lifestyle (family, work, or personal schedule) makes it difficult for me to attend courses during the day.
Count up the number of questions you answered with a "yes" and find your score below:
9–10 "yes" answers: your life circumstances and learning style make you an excellent match for distance learning
6–8 "yes" answers: you are probably a fairly good match for distance learning, but you should be aware that distance learning courses require a high level of both self-motivation and discipline for students to be successful. If you want to talk to someone about whether an distance learning course is right for you, please contact the Distance Learning office.
1–5 "yes" answers: you should think seriously about whether an distance learning course is the right choice for you. If you want to talk to someone about whether an distance learning course is right for you, please contact the Distance Learning office.
For general questions about distance courses & programs, please fill out our contact form. If you prefer, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-477-2172.