Thinking about taking an online course but are not sure what is involved? Then, test-drive our Online Learning 101 class! In this free, self-paced online course, you will learn about the expectations of online learning and how to succeed in this environment. You will also learn how to navigate through North Shore Community College's online learning system and how to use common tools within the course site, such as submitting an assignment, participating in a Discussion Board, and taking a quiz.
Course Access Information
To access Blackboard Learn:
- Go to the MyNorthshore portal at my.northshore.edu.
- Log into MyNorthshore with your North Shore Community College username and password and authenticate with the Microsoft Authenticator.
- Click on the Blackboard tile. (If you do not see the tile, type Blackboard in the search field.)
To self-enroll in Online Learning 101:
- In Blackboard Learn, click on Courses on the Base Navigation.
- Click on Course Catalog located on the top-right corner of the page.
- In the Search Catalog field, type Online Learning and click Go.
- You will see, under Course ID, Online 101. Hover over and click on the chevron icon.
- You can now enroll in the Online Learning 101 course by clicking Enroll.
- On the Self-Enrollment page, click Submit. You should see a message that the action was successful. Click OK on the lower right-hand corner.
- You are now enrolled in the Online Learning 101 course.
- When you log into Blackboard Learn next time, you should see Online Learning 101 listed under Courses.
If you do not have a MyNorthshore account, go to the North Shore Community College Blackboard Learn site. In the login page, under System Administrator Login, use orientation as username and guest as password. You will see Online Learning 101 listed under Courses.
Need help? If you need assistance or have questions regarding Online Learning 101, contact the Blackboard Learn Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.