Who Are We
The Anti-Racism Working Group is a grassroots cross-section group of North Shore Community College. We were created in response to the social justice movements starting in the Spring of 2020 with the murder of George Floyd by Minneapolis Police, and the continued violence against People of Color specifically "Black people" and those identifying as African American.
The purpose of the Anti-Racism Working Group is to move North Shore Community College from complacency to actively embracing anti-racist practices, values, and polices. We continue to work with leadership, faculty, staff and students in changing the culture across the Institution to make NSCC a more systematically welcoming and accepting environment for all.
- Equality & Equity Project
- Fall Faculty Professional Day Training Workshop Topics around Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.
- Hosted the 'first-of-it's-kind' Diversity Training session for Executive Leadership with an outside presenter.
- Engage with the Leadership Cabinet and Vice Presidents Cabinet to provide training sessions on an ongoing basis.
- Spearheaded the planning and implementation of the 2021 Inaugural Junteenth Celebration at North Shore Community College on June 15th, 2021. Included in this Celebration was the Junteenth Flag being raised for the first time on both NSCC campuses.