You must be one of the following in order to qualify for federal (including Work-Study) and state aid:

  • U.S. citizen
  • U.S. national (includes natives of America Samoa or Swain’s Island)
  • U.S. permanent resident who has an I-151, I-551, or I-551C (Alien Registration Receipt Card)

If you do not belong to any of these categories, you must have an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) issued by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) showing one of the following designations:

  • “Refugee”
  • “Asylum granted”
  • “Indefinite Parole” and/or “Humanitarian parole”
  • “Cuban-Haitian Entrant” (only if issued before April 1, 1980)

If you only have a Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence (I-171 or I-464,) you are not eligible for federal student aid.

Also, if you are in the United States on an F1 or F2 student visa only, or on a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa only, you cannot get financial aid. In addition, persons with G series visas (pertaining to international organizations) are not eligible.

Image of campus

Ready to Begin?

Apply Info Connect