NSCC’s Student Success Academy starts July 21, 2021.
NSCC’s new Student Success Academy program supports the entire application-to-graduation experience for NSCC students who are African American, Latinx, Asian American and Native American (ALANA); Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC); or, enrolled in academic ESL courses.
As a Student Success Scholar, you will receive personalized attention and support with starting and staying in college, technology to successfully complete coursework, and coaching and mentoring so you can become a high-achiever in college.
For more information
Please email us for more information about enrolling in this program at: SuccessAcademy@northshore.edu
Benefits to you
• Free textbooks and access to NSCC’s Open Textbook Initiative
• Support, training and equipment you'll need to access courses, our library, and all college systems
• Dedicated support from Success Academy staff and student-peer mentors
• Financial literacy workshops
• Career exploration to ensure your major is the right fit for you
• Networking opportunities with professionals in the community
• Additional college credit through the Seal of Biliteracy for students able to proficiently read and write in more than one language
Explore the Student Success Academy enrollment requirements, curriculum overview and workshops.
Students must meet eligibility requirements and agree to the Student Success Academy guidelines. There is no age limit to enroll.
Student Success Academy scholars will participate and benefit from the multiple types of learning experiences.
Student Success Academy scholars can take advantage of multiple workshops covering all parts of your student journey.
There is no additional cost to enroll in the Student Success Academy. NSCC’s Student Success Academy is open to students eligible for financial aid, as well as self-paying students. As a Student Success scholar, we will provide you with assistance in completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or creating a payment plan.
North Shore Community College is an accredited public institution of higher education where all are welcomed and each is challenged. NSCC is accredited by NECHE, the New England Commission of Higher Education.
NSCC’s is nationally recognized by the US Department of Education for advancing opportunities for low-income students and by Excelencia in Education as an Hispanic Serving Institution.