Our priority is your safety while you learn or work at NSCC.
NSCC is a mask-optional institution.
As of May 12, 2023, North Shore Community College’s COVID-19 vaccination mandate will be lifted.
After the conclusion of final exams on May 12, 2023, students and employees will no longer need to provide proof of vaccination as a condition of entry, participation, or enrollment.
However certain groups of students and employees may continue to have COVID-19 vaccination requirements as a condition of their clinical or external placements.
All 15 Massachusetts community colleges came to the decision to lift the vax mandate given the changing public health landscape around COVID-19, including the anticipated end of the national public health emergency declarations.
Registering for Courses starting in March 2023?
Vaccinations are still required to enroll in courses prior to May 12, 2023.
Students enrolling in courses with any on-campus component or if you plan on coming to campus to access the library, computer lab, athletic facilities, or other in-person student services – you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit written proof of an official record of full vaccination status.
Take action to stay healthy and prevent the spread of germs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Be sure to stay up to date with all vaccines and boosters, especially the COVID-19 vaccines and boosters as well as the annual Flu vaccine to stay healthy and avoid classroom absenteeism!