WHAT IS PROGRAM FOCUSED SUPPORT?
The Region 3 Educator and Provider Support (EPS) grant offers a ‘Program Focused Support’ project which is designed to assist participating programs and groups with upward movement on the QRIS, national accreditation support and related training opportunities for educator professional development. This will allow for coaching and related training developed specifically for programs that are selected.
Much like a ‘wraparound’ or ‘whole child’ approach, the ‘Program Focused Coaching Support’ services through the R3P will provide comprehensive and individualized support services to program administrators and educators working in participating programs.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Individual center based programs (infant/toddler, preschool, Out of School Time (OST) or public school settings)
- Family Child Care Systems, including administrative staff and FCC educators
- Collaborative groups of programs – for example: several OST programs that apply as a group, a community that applies for all programs within that community, a group of administrators from small programs or a group of Family Child Care Educators that apply as a cohort group with similar goals.
HOW DO WE APPLY?
HOW WILL PROGRAMS OR PROJECTS BE SELECTED?
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Application review will begin in August and will close for the first round of applicants in late September. A committee of the Region 3 Educator and Provider Support grant (EPS/R3P) will meet
to review all applications and make final selections by October 1 of each year. (After
October 1st we will accept applications throughout the year pending funding.)
All ‘Program Focused Support’ applications that are completed and submitted by the deadline will be reviewed. Programs must be located in EPS Region 3 (northeast) and be at level 1 or higher in the Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) to be considered. Every effort will be made to select programs that are representative of the mixed delivery system and have a balance within the cities and towns of Region 3.
WHAT HAPPENS IF WE ARE CHOSEN?
- The program administrator or group will receive an e-mail and/or telephone call from LeeAnn Soucy, the R3P Director of Coaching and Mentoring, to set up a meeting for an initial assessment.
- An appropriate R3P Coach/Mentor will be assigned to work with the program/group.
- The program will sign a ‘Memorandum of Understanding’ (MOU) with Region 3 EPS and will develop and sign MOU’s with their staff.
- If not already in place, Individual Professional Development Plans (IPDP) will be developed for all educators within the program.
- The R3P Coach/Mentor will assist the program to develop a plan for continuous improvement.
- The R3P Coach/Mentor will work with the program to determine the program needs including, but not limited to; ongoing professional development for administrators and educators, on-site CEU Trainings, support for QRIS advancement, national accreditation, and linkage to other appropriate grant resources.
- Programs agree to pay a portion of the cost of CEU training(s) based on program needs, discussions with the R3P coach/mentor and availability of R3P funds.