How do I register for a noncredit class?

Current students: register online through your myNorthshore account with a credit card (Master Card, Discover or Visa)
New students: register online through your myNorthshore account with a credit card (Master Card, Discover or Visa) 

Do I need to pay for my course at the time of registration?

YES. You must pay in FULL at the time of registration for all noncredit courses. We accept personal checks, money orders or credit cards.

Payment plans are accepted for the following classes only: Nurse Assistant, Dental Assistant, Phlebotomy, Phlebotomy/EKG Tech, and Central Sterile Technician. You must call the Professional Education office at 978-236-1200 for the payment plan and there is a $40 one-time fee.

Can I use my financial aid for non credit certificate or certification programs?

There are private loans available. Students must apply directly to the lender. Please visit Student Financial Services for more information.

Where do I purchase the required text books?

Lynn Campus Bookstore has books for classes in LYNN only.
Danvers Campus Bookstore has books for classes in DANVERS only.

When does registration begin and end for non credit courses?

Register early! Classes fill quickly and many have limited seating. Registration is on-going throughout each semester please contact us if you have questions at 978-236-1200. Current class offerings are on our website here.

What if the class I want is full?

We have a waitlist for many of our popular classes. To be added to the waitlist you must give us your registration information along with payment information. (We will not cash checks or process credit card unless you are registered)

Waitlist Registration is determined on a first come first serve basis.

Who do I contact for information?

Call 978-236-1200 or email

What information do I need to complete my registration?

You need the Course Reference Number, Course Code, Section, Title, Day, and Cost.

Why do I have to put my Birthdate?

Each student is assigned a Student ID Number that keeps course records at NSCC. If you have changed your name or address, it is the easiest way for us to identify you without asking for your Social Security number.

Will I get a refund if I withdraw from a class?

For classes scheduled longer than three weeks, full refunds will be given if you withdraw prior to the second class meeting.

For one day workshops, we need a three day notice for a full refund.

For courses that cost over $350 or with limited seating, students are required to withdraw one week in advance for a full refund so we may offer the seat to another student.

For online courses offered in collaboration with ed2go/Cengage, ProTrain, or Condensed Curriuculm please contact our office 978-236-1200.

Do I have to have a high school diploma to take a non credit course?

Most non credit courses do not have prerequisites, if you are not sure please call us 978-236-1200.

What is the difference between a computer class and a computer workshop?

A class is more comprehensive, approximately 15 hours total, and runs for 6-7 weeks. A workshop is 6 hours and is only one day.

What is the Accuplacer? Do I have to take them? How much do they cost?

Accuplacer Exams (reading and math comprehension). Some certificate courses recommend this testing IF you do not have prior college level reading or math credits. If you already have a degree, you do not have to take them. The Accuplacer exams are free.

How long does it take to get a refund for a canceled course?

It takes approximately 2 business weeks (10 working days) to receive your refund from when you withdraw from your course. If you paid for your course with a credit card ONLINE, you will be receive a refund to your credit card. Any refund questions should be directed to the Student Financial Services: 978-762-4189.

How do I register for Health Care courses?

  1. Reading Comprehension and Mathematics assessment testing (at the College's Center for Alternative Studies & Educational Testing) is recommended prior to registration. 
  2. Proof of immunizations and a negative TB test is required. These are given to the instructor at the first class.
  3. A CORI check is required two weeks before class starts. You must complete and sign the CORI paperwork and the Technical Standards in person at the Danvers Campus.

If you have questions please contact us at 978-236-1200.

How do I register for a noncredit online class?

Students register and pay directly with any of the three online vendors: ed2go/Cengage, Condensed Curriculum, or ProTrain. You do not need to send in a registration form or payment to North Shore Community College. 

More information about Professional Education Online Courses