North Shore Community College will hold their June Supervisors’ Connection, Best Practices in Feedback: How to Talk About Positive and Negative Performance, Wednesday, June 19, 2019, from 8-10 a.m. at NSCC’s Corporate Training Solutions (CTS), 1 Ferncroft Road, DS106, Danvers. Cost is $49 per workshop.
Giving feedback is a universal struggle in every type of relationship, and yet it is the most direct way to open up a conversation that shifts engagement and performance for the positive. Just saying the phrase “I want to give you some feedback” is enough to trigger a defensive attitude that shuts down the willingness of the other person to listen. Positive feedback is typically straightforward and easy to provide, while negative feedback is more complicated and difficult to deliver.
But don’t most people also do good things at work? Work that is successful and valued by clients and customers? This session will widen the view of feedback to include the ‘other side’ of performance – the good-to-great work that many employees do that goes beyond merely meeting expectations. This workshop will help organizations, managers, and individuals learn to talk (and coach) about positive work performance.
- Gain a research-based model to understand the full range of workplace actions & behaviors and learn how to apply organizational standards to identify positive and negative gradients of work performance.
- Have a clear framework of what to see, say, and do as you observe work outcomes & the impact that lands along each segment of the performance strata.
- Learn and practice using an interactive feedback model that opens the door for coaching conversations, and receive resources, tools, and worksheets that you can use to give better feedback in your workplace
Facilitator: Chris Soucy is a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach and a Founding Partner of Innate Force Coaching & Consulting, a practice of leadership coaches and trainers committed to inspire and guide individuals, teams, and organizations in discovering the greatness within them and focus these strengths in ways that expand leadership, increase engagement, and improve organizational performance.
To register for this event, please download our registration form and then:
- Fax to: NSCC 978-236-1220 OR
- Mail payment and registration form to:
Susan Ryan, Corporate Training Solutions at North Shore Community College, 1 Ferncroft Rd., Danvers, MA 01923
NSCC’s Supervisors’ Connection is a give-and-take forum where supervisors and managers exchange information and ideas with colleagues from other industries.
For more information, call 978-236-1240