North Shore Community College (NSCC) will hold their March Supervisors’ Connection, What’s Your Strengths-Based Management Style?, Wednesday, March 24, from 8-10 a.m. The workshop, hosted by NSCC’s Corporate Training Solutions, will be held virtually via Zoom. Cost is $49 per workshop.
As a manager, what do you notice when you focus in on the people that work for you? Think of your mental checklist as you scan for how things are going at work…do you see any issues or problems that rise to the level where you need to say or do something? Wait, I thought you were focused in on the people that work for you? Are you looking for what they do and say that adds value and is good (or great) about their work? Strengths-based management is when you notice how people and teams are using their talents & strengths to deliver positive outcomes and impact. Being able to speak openly about the talents and strengths you see, and to offer insight, feedback, and coaching that encourages the growth of these strengths and capacity to use them more at work is the most significant impact you’ll ever have as a manager (and leader). Where do you want to spend most of your time at work: looking for employee’s problems or growing their talents into strengths?
- Understand a strengths-based engagement and performance framework and gain fluency
speaking about talents
- See ‘both sides’ of workplace performance
- Explore positive ways to discuss work expectations, and how to give feedback and coaching on talents and strengths
- Learn the exponential ROI of building strengths-based working relationships and partnerships on teams
- Build personal self-awareness by identifying talents & strengths that show up often for you, both professionally and publicly
- Receive resources, tools, and worksheets that you can use to start having strengths-based conversations in your workplace
Facilitator: Chris Soucy is a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach and a Founding Partner of Innate Force Coaching & Consulting, a practice of leadership coaches and trainers committed to inspire and guide individuals, teams, and organizations in discovering the greatness within them and focus these strengths in ways that expand leadership, increase engagement, and improve organizational performance.
Please register by March 17, 2021 by calling 978-236-1200 or email email@example.com.
Registrants will receive a Zoom invitation from our facilitator Chris Soucy the evening before the event.
Cancellations must be received one week prior to the event to receive a refund. Workshop may be rescheduled if minimum enrollment is not met.
For group information, please contact: Elaine Champagne 978-236-1206 or request information at: firstname.lastname@example.org