Students completing this program will:
- Identify the variety of career pathways within the field of human services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultural competence; provide ethical and culturally sensitive care.
- Demonstrate development of entry level human service worker interpersonal skills.
- Identify, evaluate and utilize effective verbal, nonverbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and apply effective, evidence-based counseling and theoretical approaches with individuals, families and groups.
- Develop critical thinking skills to address issues in human services
- Properly use basic human service terms, concepts and data.
- Utilize a strength based, resilience and humanistic perspective.