Students completing this program will:
- Assess substance use and its impact on physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
- Provide effective, evidence-based counseling approaches to individuals & families.
- Demonstrate an understanding of diversity; how to provide ethical and culturally sensitive care.
- Utilize and deliver prevention and psycho-educational programming.
- Identify commonly used self-help and community supports.
- Gain confidence in selecting appropriate treatment options and levels of care.