Start your pathway at NSCC for career growth in computer science
Thinking about a career in Information Technology? NSCC’s Computer Science Transfer Program prepares you for transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, all the while saving you thousands of dollars by spending your first two years at NSCC. NSCC’s Computer Science Transfer Program combines an in-depth study of programming concepts with a strong focus on math and physical science, as well the liberal arts courses necessary for acceptance into a bachelor’s degree program.
NSCC Computer Science Transfer students will:
- Learn about database applications, computer organization and architecture and digital logic design
- Apply high-level mathematics and physics knowledge along with analytical skills to solve software development problems.
- Design algorithms and develop code using different programming languages.
- Enhance their career development through participation in NSCC’s Cooperative Education/Internship
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in solving software development problems.
Semesters estimated to complete degree. Complete faster with winter intersession and summer classes
2016 Boston-area Median Wage
Projected job growth in Boston area
Transfer Agreements for NSCC’s Computer Networking Degree
Students who complete this degree program at North Shore Community College have an opportunity to seamlessly transfer to a public or private four-year college or university to earn a bachelor's degree.
Transfer institutions include:
Salem State University