Application Requirements for Fall 2020
Priority Application Deadline: January 11, 2020
NSCC Online Application for Admission
Submit the online application for the year for which you are applying; regardless of whether you are a new or current student (a previously submitted application does not count).
Mandatory Info Session Attendance Form
Upcoming dates are available on the Mandatory Information Sessions page. When you attend the session, you will be given an attendance form to upload to your application.
High School Transcript or GED score report
Upload a copy of your high school transcript or GED score report. If you previously submitted the transcript or score report and attended classes within the past 5 years, then Enrollment likely has it on file. You can confirm by emailing: email@example.com
Course can be High School or College level and must have a final grade of C or higher (no time limit)
Complete ONE of the following courses or testing options:
- BIO211 with a grade of C or higher (no time limit)
- BIO101 or BIO105 with a grade of C or higher (no time limit)
- TEAS version V or VI only - Science section score of 50% or higher (no time limit)
- LPN Certificate (no time limit)
- Bachelor of Science in Biological science (no time limit)
- One of the following within the past 5 calendar years:
- H.S. Biology with a C or higher
- CLEP test with a score of 50 or higher
- AP Biology Test with a 3 or higher
Math proficiency and one of the following (no time limit on any of the following):
- CEAR 54 or above or NGQA 262 or above
- Math SAT score of 510 or higher (if taken prior to 2016)
- Math SAT score of 540 or higher (if taken in 2016 or later)
- Math ACT score of 22 or higher
- MAT002 or MAT061 with a C or higher completed Fall 2016 or later.
- Module 8 or higher.
- MAT110 or equivalent with a final grade of C or higher.
- College level math course with final grade of C or higher
A word-processed essay must be uploaded for the year in which you are applying:
Please state why you would like to pursue a Radiologic Technology career and what qualities do you feel would make you a good candidate for our program.
ATI TEAS Exam
The ATI TEAS exam is preferred to be taken at NSCC. Students whose score reports reflect that they have tested more than two times or at another location other than NSCC must also submit an official TEAS transcript from AT. Additional charges may apply.
Applicants are limited to two attempts within a year (September 1 - August 31), regardless of the testing site and program to which they are applying.
Minimum required scores for ATI TEAS: Reading = 69%, Math = 70%, Science = 50%, and English = no minimum
There are many ways to demonstrate communications proficiency. If you have demonstrated proficiency with your SAT scores or Accuplacer testing from another institution, please upload that document to your application. If you have demonstrated proficiency with your high school GPA or with college level courses, this will be updated upon review of your submitted materials.
Official transcripts from all Colleges or Universities previously attended
All official transcripts from previously attended Colleges/Universities must be submitted directly to NSCC and uploaded by Admissions staff. If the College/University will give an official transcript directly to you, then have them do so but do NOT open the envelope. Hand-delivering it to Enrollment is the most efficient way for you to ensure that receipt of transcripts do not hold up your application. If you have previously submitted transcripts and have since completed courses or are currently registered for courses, then you need to submit an updated transcript.
Program's Student Handbook
Read the Radiologic Technology Student Handbook in its entirety. By signing the bottom of the page, applicants attest to having done so.
Supplemental requirements for the Radiologic Technology program is available online and must be printed, initialed, signed, and uploaded as a requirement upon submission of the application.