Students completing this program will:
- Apply skills and knowledge utilizing the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective learning domains to provide safe and competent patient care as an entry level surgical technologist.
- Demonstrate an entry-level knowledge base by successfully completing the Certification exam.
- Utilize effective communication with members of the surgical team in order to analyze and anticipate the perioperative needs of the patient and the surgical team.
- Demonstrate theoretical and practical proficiency in surgical aseptic technique and patient care.
- Provide patient care in a professional, ethical, and legal manner as a surgical technologist.
- Integrate recognition of the patient as a whole person with multiple dimensions of social, cultural, religious and ethical beliefs to address the biopsychosocial needs of the surgical patient.
- Demonstrate effective adaptability to new and emerging technologies and a commitment to learning as a lifelong process.