NSCC's Wireless Network
NSCC Wireless Access Is Changing
On Wednesday, January 15 new features will be enabled providing convenience and enhanced security for the NSCC wireless network. Important: How you access the NSCC wireless network will change slightly beginning Wednesday, January 15.
- From any device, IPhone, iPad, Netbook, laptop, etc. you only need to log in one time per day, per device, per campus
- Additional security encryption measures enabled for wireless data
Instructions to Access the Wireless Network
- The NSCC wireless network name has changed from W1R3L355@N5CC to NSCCwireless – Connect your device(s) to the newly named NSCCwireless network.
- The first time connecting to the NSCCwireless network a new form will display asking for either a network security passphrase or password – Dependent on the device you are using the form prompts for a network security key or password and may look similar to the two examples below. The password / network security key for all users is northshore (all in lower case). Note: This step only needs to be done one time per device – remember the security key / passphrase at this initial form is northshore and not your campus pipeline username or password.
Windows Laptop example
- You are now ready to login to the network with your Campus Pipeline Credentials. Important: (1) Open up a web browser and load any page – at this point the wireless login page will display. (2) Registered users must enter their Campus Pipeline credentials; Guest users should click on the Guest Login button. (3) You must also check the "agree to terms of service" button prior to selecting the login button – see examples below for both NSCC and Guest Users:
- Once you login it takes approximately 15-20 seconds for the login process to the wireless network to complete.
- The next time you use the device you only need to open a browser and load a page (start at step 3 above)