Students are awarded a Federal Direct Loan as part of their financial aid package. To accept, decline, or adjust the amounts of your current loan please follow the steps below.
1. Log in your myNorthshore account.
2. Select Registration, Schedule, Financial Aid & Payment Icon
3. Enter your User Name and Password
4. Select Financial Aid link
5. Select Award link
6. Click on Award Aid year & submit aid year
7. Click on Accept Award Offer Tab where you will see three options:
- - Accept Full Amount of All Awards
- - Accept a Partial Amount and enter an amount
- - Decline Amount
8. Follow steps below if you are a first time loan borrower at NSCC.
Once a decision is made through myNorthshore it cannot be changed. Students can submit a Direct Loan Change Request Form to make additional changes to the loan(s).
If you are taking out a loan for the first time at North Shore Community College you
will need to complete the following at https://studentaid.gov/
Entrance Loan Counseling - The counseling session takes about a half hour. You read important information about the terms of the loan, repayment and loan management. There will be a series of questions you will need to answer, along with a helpful budgeting section to help you plan for loan repayment.
Master Promissory Note (MPN) - This is the legal agreement you sign promising to pay back the money you borrow from the Department of Education.
These two steps need to be complete in order for us to take in your loan funds. Your Direct Loan funds will not be disbursed to your account until we receive confirmation from the Federal Government that you completed them. You can track the missing documents on your myNorthshore account.