54th Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, May 21, 2020 | 6:00 p.m.
Salem State University
For more information or questions about Commencement, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to Graduate
All students must submit an application to graduate in order to be considered for graduation. Applications are located in myNorthshore. Once you get to the page, read the information and click on the blue "Apply to Graduate" link. The link will take you to a sign in page. Sign in again and complete the rest of the information and submit.
Once the application has been submitted, an official evaluation will be done by the Registrar's Office to confirm that all graduation requirements have been satisfied. It takes approximately four to six weeks for an application to be processed.
For further information or to learn the status of your graduation application please contact the Associate Registrar at: 978-762-4000 x4487, or by email: email@example.com.
2020 Commencement Speaker | To Be Announced
2020 Student Speaker | To Be Announced
Seeking 54th Commencement Student Speaker Applicants
Do you believe you would be an inspirational student speaker for the graduating class of 2020? Do you meet the eligibility requirements? If so, consider applying and nominating yourself for the 54th student commencement speaker role!
Speaker eligibility requirements
- A graduate of August 2019, November 2019, January 2020 or confirmed potential May or June 2020 graduate by the Registrar
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA, or better, at the close of Fall 2019
- Available to audition for selection committee at the Lynn campus sometime in April
- Must consent to publicity
Application (2 step process)
Submit a Commencement Speaker Application.
Submit your speech
Email your speech as an attachment immediately after you complete the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Speech requirements: 3-4 pages, typed and double-spaced in MS Word
Speech criteria to consider:
- Speech Organization: The speech has an intro/thesis, conclusion, and supporting paragraphs.
- Student Experience: The speech has the potential to engage students and reflects their experiences.
- Speech Readiness: The speech has the polish to be easily edited or does not require major edits.
2020 Student Soloist | Seeking 54th Commencement Soloist Applicants
Do you know how to belt a tune? Do you meet the eligibility requirements?
If so, consider applying and nominating yourself for the 54th commencement soloist
Deadline to submit nominations is March 13th at 4pm.
Soloist eligibility requirements
- Open to currently enrolled students
- Must be available to audition at the Lynn campus sometime in April
- Must consent to publicity
Information and Guidelines
- Be prepared to sing the National Anthem, a cappella (without instrumental accompaniment)
- A committee will observe auditions and collectively rates and select the soloist
- The selected soloist may be required to rehearse with a staff member prior to ceremony