2017 Summer Session
Summer Financial Aid
Summer Financial Aid consists of any remaining aid that a student did not use during the 2016/2017 academic year. The funding is limited to the Pell Grant and Direct Loans. The Pell Grant will be on your award if you eligible for it. You will need to be enrolled in courses in order to determine your final Pell Grant eligibility. Any students interested in a Direct Loan will need to complete a Summer Direct Loan Request Form and submit it to the Student Financial Services Office.
You can review your summer financial aid award through your Campus Pipeline account by following these steps:
Step 1: Log into your Pipeline account.
Step 2: Select the School Services tab at the top.
Step 3: Select Financial Aid.
Step 4: Select Award.
Step 5: Select Award by Aid Year
Step 6: Select the Award Overview tab
Students starting their first semester at NSCC during the summer sessions must complete the 2016/2017 FAFSA in order to receive financial aid. More information about the financial aid process can be found at Applying for Financial Aid. We recommend students who will be receiving their high school diploma after the summer session I starts to wait until summer session II or you can make a payment. As you need a high school diploma or GED in order to receive financial aid and to be matriculated into a program. Also, students who are only attending the summer sessions and are enrolled at another institution will not be eligible for financial aid for the summer.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress is reviewed each semester. Students who are on Warning or an Appeal for the spring semester should either make a payment for the summer or wait to take classes in summer session II. The Satisfactory Academic Progress review will happen after the summer session I courses have started. Students will be notified if they are no longer making Satisfactory Academic Progress through their Pipeline account and NSCC email. This could create a balance due to your student account.
- All students must be in an eligible degree or certificate program. This includes recent NSCC graduates.
- Once you have been awarded financial aid and registered for summer courses, please review your bill to make sure your financial aid covers the amount due. A book store credit will be emailed to your NSCC email if you have money that exceeds your tuition and fees.
- For a Direct Loan you must be in a total of 6 credits for summer sessions.
- Any changes to your enrollment can change the amount of funding you will receive, which may result in a balance due.