It’s simple. Higher education must be affordable for everyone.
North Shore Community College is committed to making the life-long dream of a college degree with minimal student debt a reality. NSCC’s North Shore Promise allows prospective and current students who are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits with an EFC determined by the FAFSA under $6,000* to attend NSCC at no cost.
North Shore Promise continues in Spring 2021
- All students interested in benefiting from NSCC’s North Shore Promise should submit a 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before September 5, 2020.
- Students must enroll in a minimum of 6 credits and have an EFC under $6,000* to qualify for the North Shore Promise. In many cases, NSCC may also be able to provide money to help students cover the cost of textbooks.
- New and continuing students are eligible.
Questions regarding the Promise can be directed to Student Financial Services by emailing us at email@example.com
*What is the EFC?
The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is a number that determines students’ eligibility for certain types of federal student aid. This number is calculated with the EFC formulas, which use the information that students provide on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). Financial aid administrators (FAAs) subtract the EFC from students’ cost of attendance to determine their need for the following federal student financial assistance offered by the U.S. Department of Education (the Department):
• Federal Pell Grants,
• Subsidized Loans through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program,
• Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG), and
• Federal Work-Study (FWS).
What is the source of data used in EFC calculations?
All data used to calculate a student’s EFC comes from the information the student provides on the FAFSA. A student may submit a FAFSA:
• by using FAFSA on the Web,
• by using the myStudentAid mobile application,
• by filing an application electronically through a school, or
• by mailing a FAFSA to the Central Processing System (CPS).
More information regarding the EFC can be found here.
I’m dedicated to getting my degree, but paying out of pocket is difficult. NSCC’s support has made attending college possible.
2018-19, Health Science
We’re here to help you affordably and responsibly achieve your dream of attending college without unnecessary student debt.