Discovery at NSCC
Are you a New Student starting classes Summer 2018?
Step 1: Set-up Pipeline Account
Step 2: Complete Pre-Orientation GPS
Step 3: Register for Summer Courses online or with Student Advising Office
Step 4: If continuing into Fall 2018 complete the other steps as listed here.
Review and complete the Pre-Orientation GPS
Class Registration Appointments
Walk-in Registration is available but appointments are encouraged. Please email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Charting your Future and Starting your Adventure!
We have developed a process for New and Transfer Students to become part of our NSCC community. The steps were created to provide a successful transition for students and provide opportunities for growth.
1) Application & Acceptance
- Applications are available through our Admissions Office.
- Acceptance is granted through our Admissions and Enrollment Offices.
2) Set-up Your Pipeline Account
3) Pre-Orientation GPS
4) FAFSA-Financial Aid
5) Placement Testing
- New and Transfer students need to evaluated for skill levels in key areas of math, reading and writing.
- Placement Testing is available on a walk-in basis when the college is open and some extended evening hours. Placement Testing hours are posted online.
6) Class Registration
- Once you have been Accepted, completed Placement Testing, and reviewed Pre-Orientation GPS you are ready to select your classes with an advisor.
- Walk-in service is available but you are encouraged to select an appointment.
- Once you complete Class Registration, you will select your Orientation date.
- Orientation is an afternoon/evening event in late July/August where you will meet fellow students, interact with academic faculty/deans, learn key skills to navigate college, and complete your last minute details (i.e. get books, ID, parking pass, etc.).
For any questions or concerns about the process we encourage you to reach out to us here at North Shore. For quick response, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to contact you from the best office to assist the particular question or concern you may have.