The Honors Program at NSCC can open doors. As an Honors student, you can go into depth in your honors courses, engage in original research, and interact one-on-one with faculty. You will also have exclusive access to the Honors lounge, social and cultural experiences, and networking opportunities.
NSCC's Honors Program is certified by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This means if you graduate and transfer to a state college or university, you are automatically accepted to that institution's Honors Program.
Honors students can take advantage of two distinctive experiences: Honors Components in regular courses and an Honors Seminar. All NSCC Honors Program students complete two Components and one Seminar to fulfill their Program requirements. Students are required to maintain a 3.2 GPA to remain in the Program.
- An improved chance of transferring to the 4-year school of their choice.
- Access to a unique social network of students.
- Academic advising from both an advisor in your field and an Honors advisor.
- Eligibility for scholarships unique to Honors Program students.
- A unique line to add to your future job resume.
If you apply to the NSCC Honors Program, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- A High School GPA of 3.5 or B+
- SAT score combined 1100 or ACT score 24
- CPT Placement scores Reading 90 or Writing 6
- 9 completed NSCC (or another college) credits with a 3.2 GPA
If you don’t meet these criteria, please contact the Honors Program Coordinator for how to apply provisionally
How to Apply to the Honors Program
Contact Tiffany Magnolia
Phone: 978-762-4000 extension 6622
Complete an Honors Program Application
Provide copies of your High School or NSCC transcripts.
Honors Project Components
Students currently admitted into the Honors Program are required to complete two Honors Components. These components can be fulfilled by taking an Honors-designated section of Composition I or II.
They can also be fulfilled by completing an Honors Project Component in a regular course. For the project to count toward a student's Honors Program requirements, an Honors Component Plan and Contract must be submitted by week 5 of the semester.
What NSCC Honors Students Accomplish
NSCC Honors Students have transferred to private schools all over the United States, such as:
NSCC Honors Students are guaranteed admission to the Honors Programs at all State Universities and UMass schools, including:
Salem State University