Toy Drive Collection a Success!
Participation in Senator Bruce Tarr's annual Toy Drive, spearheaded by NSCC's Veterans
Services, DAPI Honor Society and Alumni Association, was a huge success! "We delivered a lot of toys to both the Lynn and Beverly [collection] locations," said Kristine Babcock, Veterans Services Coordinator. "The director of Beverly Bootstraps said that 600 children in Beverly alone would benefit from the toy drive. We are so grateful to our NSCC colleagues for their generosity during the drive." Pictured, upper left, are Kendalle Jones, Accessibility Services, Kristine Babcock, and Donna Rosato, CAS, representing the Alumni Association.
The Spirit of the Season!
Culinary Arts students and staff donned holiday attire on the Beacon Café's last day of service for the semester. L-r: Chef/Assistant professor Kristine Kelley, Department Chair Loreen Tirrell, students Irania Hoffens, Markus Huber, Molly Kates, Santos Mejia, Adam Whelton
Food Service Schedule
Final Exams Schedule - Click here
We need your help Welcoming our Students!!
Every semester the Office of Student Engagement partners with Staff and Faculty across both campuses to help welcome new, and returning students as they begin their first day of classes. We help students find classrooms, answer general questions, and provide them with information pertaining to resources and programming happening on campus. We are asking for only 45 minutes of your time on the campus that is most convenient for you!
If you are looking to volunteer in Danvers, sign up here.
If you are looking to volunteer in Lynn, sign up here.
Thank you in advance for helping to build a strong, welcoming NSCC Community!
--Jacob Rockwell, Assistant Coordinator of Student Engagement
Important Year-end Updates from Payroll:
HR/CMS Self-Service link can be found here.
- Address Verification: In preparation for year-end tax reporting and document delivery, any update in home address must be made by January 4th, 2020 in HR/CMS Self-Service.
- Employees are now able to suppress both 2019 W-2 and 1095-C forms through HR/CMS Self-Service, the suppression deadline is January 10, 2020.
Some of the benefits of suppression are:
- A reduced risk of forms being lost or stolen via the regular mail.
- Early W-2 and 1095-C forms will be available in January only to employees who suppressed through HR/CMS. Those employees will receive an email when the W-2 Form is available, and will not receive a paper W-2 or 1095-C through the mail.
- Format allows to “cut and paste” the included information into most tax preparation software.
If not suppressed, the W-2 and 1095-C Forms will be postmarked by January 31, 2020 and mailed to the employee’s home address.
Suppressing W-2 and 1095-C forms can be found here or below:
- To View W-2/W-2C or Consent to Receive Electronic W-2, employees can log into HR/CMS and go to Self Service>Payroll and Compensation.
- To View 1095-C or Consent to Receive Electronic 1095-C, employees can log into HR/CMS and go to Self Service>Benefits.
- W-2s for prior Tax Years are also available by selecting the correct Tax Year.
- The 1095-C Frequently Asked Questions can be found
- W-2 Form Reprint Process:
Employees can reprint prior W-2 Forms as far back as 2012 using HR/CMS. Reprint instructions can be found here.
If have any questions or for assistance with the above info, should contact the HR/Payroll at email@example.com or (978) 739-5422. NSCC is not supported by the Employee Service Center (ESC), please do not contact the ESC.
Campus Police Officer III (Sergeant)
Storekeeper III, Auxiliary Services
Adjunct Faculty, Fresh Start - The Human Service Worker
PT Instructor, Nurse Assistant/Home Health Aide
PT Health Simulation Technician (Technical Specialist)
For more information on these and other open positions, please contact Kim Bevan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Development Fund$ Available
The Professional Development (PD) Committee would like to let faculty and staff know
development funds are available.
There are three levels of PD grants that you can apply for:
- Mini grant ($300 or less)
- Large grant ($301-$1500 – requests are currently being funded at 75%)
Coursework grant (for undergraduate or graduate credit coursework, up to $500.)
Please note that out-of-state travel requires pre-approval from your Vice President and the President. You will want to have the pre-approval to travel in writing (email is fine) before you submit the PD grant application. A copy of this pre-approval to travel will need to be forwarded to the PD Committee Chair.
Before completing the PD grant application form, please review the eligibility and application guidelines. These are available on My Northshore.
In My Northshore, search for professional development. Click the Professional Development Application & Award Process tile to access the eligibility and application guidelines as well as the Proposal Application Form.
Applications are due at least one week prior to the monthly governance meetings.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out the the PD Committee Chair.
- Andrea Milligan, PD Committee Chair, email@example.com
Upward Bound Collecting Bottle Caps
Upward Bound needs your help collecting caps! They will be recycled to create an Upward Bound bench that will be placed on the outside path at the Lynn Campus. Thank you for your support!