Service learning is a teaching and learning method that connects meaningful community service experiences with academic learning. Our courses focus on critical and reflective thinking, along with civic responsibility. Extend your education beyond the classroom and use your new skills and knowledge to meet real needs in the community.
Service-Learning Student Outcomes
- Link course content to "real world" experiences while meeting community needs
- Develop an awareness of community needs and create an understanding of the value of civic responsibility
- Develop communication and networking skills
- Reflect on service-learning experiences and examine personal attitudes, values, and beliefs
- Enhance critical thinking and problem-solving skills through active learning
See what courses help you better serve your community while learning important academic, career, and life skills.
Dean of Liberal Studies
Center for Teaching, Learning, and Innovation, DB-388