What's the CommUniverCity?
The CommUniverCity at Lynn is an urban education-workforce development collaboration that will provide effective and affordable educational pathways from pre-school to graduate school and into the workforce. This will be accomplished by:
- Adopting a "birth-to-career" systematic approach to designing education pathways and community partnerships.
- Expanding early college/dual enrollment and K-12 partnerships with Lynn public schools.
- Linking to adult basic education and high school diploma resources and English as a Second Language programs to move worker learners toward acquiring, at a minimum, one year post-secondary education or career technical training.
- Focusing on financial literacy to insure capacity to use knowledge and skills to manage financial resources effectively for a lifetime of financial well-being.
- Creating a University Center where students can earn progressive degrees focused on regional workforce needs in one convenient location. The University Center is a partnership between NSCC and Salem State University. This collaboration will allow students to accomplish their associates degrees and provide selected 3rd and 4th year degree completion to the baccalaureate and master's level in a seamless path.
- Nurturing the urban quality of life for residents and employers in the City of Lynn and beyond by closely linking education with careers of today and the future to insure every student an education that leads to a self- sustaining and fulfilling future and every worker learner entry or re-entry and advancement in the regional labor market.
More information Patricia A. Gentile, President North Shore Community College Email: email@example.com Phone: 978-762-4250