Seeking 56th Commencement Student Speaker(s) Applicants
Do you believe you would be an inspirational student speaker for the graduating class
of 2022? Do you meet the eligibility requirements? If so, consider applying and nominating
yourself for the 56th student commencement speaker role!
Deadline to submit nominations is Monday, March 28th at 4pm.
NSCC Commencement Ceremony
Date: May 26, 2022
Location: North Shore Community College's Lynn Campus
Speaker eligibility requirements:
- A graduate of August 2021, November 2021, January 2022 or confirmed potential May or June 2022 graduate by the Registrar
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA, or better, at close of Fall 2021
- Available to audition for selection committee at the Lynn campus sometime in April
- Must consent to publicity
Application (2 step process)
- Submit the online application
- Email your speech and/or video immediately after you complete the application to: email@example.com as an attachment
- 3-4 pages, typed and double-spaced in MS Word
- must not be more than 10 minutes long
Complete Speech Requirements and Selection Process
Speech criteria to consider
- Speech Organization
The speech has an intro/thesis, conclusion, and supporting paragraphs.
- NSCC Connection
The speech reflects NSCC’s mission, values, memories and spirit.
- Student Relatability
The speech has the potential to engage students and reflects their experiences.
- Speech Readiness
The speech has the polish to be easily edited or does not require major edits.