Advising Mission, Philosophy and Information
The Academic Advisor's roles and responsibilities in the advising process are to:
- actively participate in the learning process to assist students in achieving the goals and objectives of NSCC's advising curriculum
- advise students on academic and career options so they can make informed decisions pertaining to their individual academic and career goals.
- refer students to appropriate student support services that will enhance their chance for academic success.
The student's roles and responsibilities in the advising process are to:
- take the lead role in the learning process in order to achieve the goals and objectives of NSCC's advising curriculum.
- make reasonable, realistic and informed choices regarding academic and career goals, taking into consideration other life responsibilities which affect your academic performance
- utilize all pertinent student support services to optimize your ability to succeed in college.