The Paraprofessional Teacher Preparation Grant Program
This grant program provides free money to Massachusetts residents who are employed as paraprofessionals and wish to become certified full-time teachers.
Who Is Eligible?
- Permanent legal residents of Massachusetts
- Students enrolled full- or part-time
- Paraprofessionals who have worked for two years or are employed as a paraprofessional and are enrolled in and pursuing courses of study that will lead to certification as a teacher in bilingual education, special education, math, science, or foreign language, while working as a paraprofessional in a public school.
- Students who annually file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Students who have not earned a baccalaureate or professional degree or
**For eligibility details visit www.mass.edu/osfa/programs/teacherprep.asp
How much is the grant?
Community college recipients receive $250 per credit, with a maximum of $4,000 per academic year.
What do I have to do if I receive grant money?
Recipients must sign an agreement to teach in a Massachusetts public school from two to four years upon graduation.
Fill out the form below.