Radiologic Technology Education Department
The Radiologic Technology program at North Shore Community College provides education to ensure competent, entry level Radiologic Technologists for employment within the health care community. The program incorporates technologies needed to prepare the learner for the ever changing Radiology field, while promoting a culture of respect and encouraging life- long learning that cultivates professional growth, competence, and scholarship.
To realize this mission, the following Program Goals have been established:
1. Students will demonstrate clinical competence.
2. Students will employ effective communication skills.
3. Students will apply critical thinking skills.
4. Students will practice professionalism
The RT program has established the following Student Learning Outcomes as part of the program goals:
For Goal #1- Students will demonstrate clinical competence
1. Students will position patients.
2. Students will apply radiation safety.
3. Students will select proper exposure techniques.
For Goal #2- Students will employ effective communication skills.
1. Students effectively communicate with patients.
2. Students effectively communicate within the classroom setting.
3. Students effectively communicate in writing in the classroom setting.
For Goal #3- Students will apply critical thinking skills.
1. Students adapt to new or changing situations.
2. Students demonstrate the ability to perform non-routine procedures.
3. Students show good judgment within limits of competence.
For Goals #4- Students will practice professionalism
1. Students treat patients with compassion and concern.
2. Students will demonstrate patient care.
3. Students will research and write a paper on an advanced modality.
Questions or comments to email@example.com.