Below are the Work-Study jobs currently available. Please check these listings periodically since they are updated frequently.
To apply for a job on this page:
- Contact the Work-Study supervisor identified in the job posting to set up an appointment.
- During the appointment, he or she will discuss duties of the job, qualifications, and work schedule. Your work-study schedule will be planned around your classes.
- If you are hired, your supervisor will send a hire request to the Work-Study coordinator.
- Complete all necessary Work-Study forms and submit to North Shore Community College, Student Financial Services, Attn: Thea Soohoo, One Ferncroft Road, Danvers, MA 01923-0843.
Student Life Office Clerk: Student Life
Duties: Tasks include:
Customer Service- Greet and assist everyone that comes into our office.
1. Answer telephone
2. Use copier and fax machine
3. Computer work as needed; Google drive, word, excel
4. Check North Shore pipeline email daily
6. Flyers & posters
7. Updating Information and flyers
8. Assist with events
9. Collect funds & write receipts
10. Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: 1. Must be a financial aid student
2. Must be enrolled in at least 6 credits
3. Must be enrolled in a credit degree or certificate program
Pay Rate: $10.00
Start Date: July 11, 2016
Supervisor: Christen Spacer
Phone: 978-762-4000 x2164
Office Hours: 8:00am-4:00pm
REAL Intern: The REAL Program
Duties: The REAL Program interns work as tutors, mentors, role models and leaders to help elementary school age students read, improve school work and build community in a supportive setting (much of the time is spent outdoors). As a REAL intern, you will help students learn to love to read and love to learn through fun activities, games, art, enrichment opportunities, visits to college campuses, book stores, museums and the wider community. You will provide one-on-one or small group tutoring and mentoring, monitor attendance and support positive behavior. As young leaders from North Shore Community College you are uniquely able to help students succeed.
REAL interns may also:
1. Share their commitment to service and helping children by leading programs that teach students how to be active citizens in their communities and make a difference.
2. Engage community members and corporate partners in physical service projects, including collecting and distributing children?s books, building little free libraries, painting murals, planting gardens, and creating learning spaces.
Location for REAL Summer 2016 (July 11 to August 20, 2016) is at the Washington Street Baptist Church, 256 Washington St., Lynn
Location for REAL School Year 2016-2017 151 Ocean St., Lynn
Qualifications: REAL interns are as diverse a group as the communities they serve. We?re looking for you if are interested in working with children and you are ready to change the world.
1. Qualify for work study as outlined by North Shore Community College
2. Agree and pass a criminal background check
Pay Rate: $11.00
Supervisor: Jan Plourde
Phone: email@example.com or 978-808-3602