Upward Bound Application
When and How Should I apply?
North Shore Upward Bound accepts applications year round for new students. Active recruitment (when there are the most open slots available for new students) takes place at the beginning and end of each school year during which time UB staff completes presentations at target high schools. If you miss our presentation OR would like to know more about when a presentation will be at your high school please visit our office or email: UB@northshore.edu for more information.
The UB application process involves a few steps:
- Complete the application, including the personal statement and all necessary paperwork
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher or a guidance counselor
- Submit completed application with ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION
- Income verification you will need one of the following documents:
- A copy of most recent tax return form 1040 or 1040EZ
- A letter from the Department of Transitional Assistance
- Social Security documentation of family income
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of Transcript
- Completed recommendation letter
- Alien Card (if permanent resident)
- Complete a brief one-on-one interview with UB Staff
There are several ways to get an application:
- Download an application:
English application | Spanish application
- Visit your guidance office to pick up an application
- Visit the Upward Bound office to pick up an application
- Email UB@northshore.edu and ask for an application to be sent via email.