Preparing for the TEAS
Students are strongly encouraged to prepare for this exam.
The ATI Study Manual is available in the Reference section at the NSCC libraries or
for sale at the NSCC College Bookstores or online at www.atitesting.com. An online practice test is available for a fee from the ATI website.
North Shore Community College also offers noncredit prep courses for the TEAS test.
Check out NSCC's TEAS Preparation courses >
For more information, consult the college website or call Corporate and Community Ed at 978-236-1200. Be sure to obtain the study materials specific for TEAS version 6.0.
Registering for the TEAs
Testing is offered several times per month in Lynn and Danvers to provide ample opportunity for applicants to test and submit applications to Enrollment and Student Records. Registration and payment for the TEAS test are done online. To view available testing dates, register and pay, do the following:
- Go to www.atitesting.com.
- Click on the "Register for TEAS" link.
- Choose Massachusetts and then either Lynn or Danvers to choose a date for North Shore Community College's testing.
- If you have an existing account, log-in to register and pay.
- If you don't have an existing account, create an ATI account with a username and password. Once you have created your account, you will need to sign in to register and pay for the test.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your testing appointment. Bring this confirmation and your ATI Username and Password with you on the date of testing.
Credit card payment is due online at the time of registration. The fee is $94 per test. Payment is NON REFUNDABLE so be sure that you have read the admissions packet thoroughly and that you are ready to test on the date scheduled.
If you need help registering for the TEAS, call ATI at 1-800-667-7531.
Admission to the Test
Report to the scheduled test site – either ROOM LS-215 (Lynn) or ROOM DB-213 (Danvers) - fifteen minutes before the start time of the test. The following are required for admission to your TEAS testing session:
- A photo ID (valid driver’s license or school ID with photo)
- Your ATI confirmation email
- Your ATI username and password
North Shore Community College students who have registered with the Disability Services Office should see their disabilities counselor to apply for accommodations for the TEAS test. Others students with documented disabilities should contact Jane Saunders at 978-739-5429 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for the test.
Students may take the TEAS test two (2) times in the academic year prior to submitting their application. The academic year is September 1 through August 31.