Phone: (978) 762-4000 x4169
Enrollment and Student Records
The STEP Program provides an opportunity for high school or home- schooled students to take college courses. Students may choose to do so to finish requirements for a high school diploma or for personal enrichment purposes.
College level courses taken at NSCC may also be transferred to a 4-year college or university. The Joint Admission Program at NSCC provides a great opportunity to gain admission to participating colleges or universities.
Important Information for Students
- High school students taking courses at North Shore Community College have all the rights and responsibilities of a College student.
- If taking courses for High School credit, only the high school can identify the required courses that are needed to graduate.
- College courses move at a quicker pace than high school courses. In order to do well, it is essential to attend every class and keep up with homework on a daily basis.
- The Tutoring Labs are available on each campus and STEP students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of these services.
- Students with disabilities who anticipate the need for accommodations should self-identify to the Student Support Center AT LEAST two weeks prior to the beginning of classes. Please reference Disabilities Services' description of the differences between High School and College for further information. Particular attention should be given to page 9 of this handbook, which describes differences between high school and college.
- Courses fill quickly, so register as soon as possible.