- Must be a Massachusetts resident prior to September 1, 2017 to meet State residency requirements for a Mass Grant award.
- File a 2018-19 FAFSA prior to May 1, 2018
- Be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, as determined by the Federal Government and confirmed by NSCC, with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) between $3,800 – $6,094
- Enroll as a new student in at least 12 credits, in an eligible degree program.
- Early College students who are enrolling at NSCC as a first-time matriculating college student are eligible.
- Be able to complete your degree at NSCC in 2.5 years or 5 continuous semesters (if you finish in 2 years, even better!)
- Meet NSCC’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements throughout your enrollment in the North Shore Promise Award
Q: What NSCC programs and Commonwealth Commitment Pathways are eligible for the North Shore Promise Award?
Complete list of eligible NSCC programs
Commonwealth Commitment Pathways:
Communication and Media
Q: To be eligible you must be a new student, what does that really mean?
To be eligible, the Fall 2018 semester must be your first semester at any college or university. Early College program participants, who have not yet attended another college or university, are still considered new students and are welcome to apply for the North Shore Promise Award.
Students who are currently attending NSCC or those transferring to the College are not eligible to apply for the North Shore Promise Award.
- Continue to file a FAFSA annually until you complete your program of study
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and remain on-track to complete your degree within the 2.5 year or 5 semester time frame.
The SAP policy factors into account GPA, class completion, and rate of progress toward your degree. They are meant to keep you on track for graduation.
Q: Are current NSCC students or those transferring to NSCC eligible for the North Shore Promise Award?
No, not at this time, this is a pilot program. Only new students for the Fall of 2019 and Early College students who are enrolling at NSCC as a first-time matriculated college student are eligible.
Q: Will I still be eligible for the North Shore Promise Award if I decide not to attend NSCC in the Fall of 2019?
No, this is a program that is being offered to only eligible new students who enroll at NSCC in the Fall of 2019.
NSCC is an accredited nonprofit institute of higher education where all are welcome and each is challenged.