Men As Leaders Empowered to Strive (MALES) Mentor Program
MALES Mentor Program offers a strong transition to college and empowers new students to become engaged learners and members of their communities. The free program will focus on:
- Getting to graduation successfully
- What it means to be a minority male in college
- Learning & classroom skills
- Mentor relationships that support a healthy transition to college, foster academic success and personal growth.
- Civic learning and democratic engagement to develop resumes and enhance student learning experience
- Creating a sense of belonging and purpose
- Be admitted to NSCC for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Be a first-generation college student and/or from a low-income family
- Be a first-year college student.
- Complete the MALES Mentor Program Application
- Complete an Achievement Agreement
- Participate in all program components
- You meet the academic standards of the North Shore Community College.
Michele Cubelli Harris, M.Ed., CAGS
Senior Special Programs Coordinator
Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs