COP202 Cooperative Education/Internships
Employer Program Requirements
- The Cooperative Education/Internship Course (COP202) integrates in class (hybrid) or online academic class sessions with an approved and supervised work experience directly related to the student's major. Students must complete a minimum of 120 hours of work and participate in approximately 12-15 hours of in class (hybrid) or online class sessions.
- Employers and students must sign: the Massachusetts Community College Internship Agreement and employers will also be contacted to verify employment, check on work performance through on-site visits, and participate in post internship surveys.
- COP202 is required in the following programs of study:
|Accounting ||Graphic Design
|Culinary Arts & Food Service ||Executive Administrative Assistant
|Legal Administrative Assistant ||Medical Administrative Assistant
|Hospitality & Tourism ||
- Students may use COP202 as an open elective course in the following majors:
|Criminal Justice ||Computer Networking
|Liberal Arts ||Computer Programming
|Computer Applications ||Food Science & Safety
- Students have received assistance from the Cooperative Education/Internships office in the following majors:
Health Sciences Engineering Business Administration Transfer
- COP202 prerequisites needed:
Students must (1) have completed at least 27 credits in their program of study in addition to (2) have taken and passed CMP101 Composition 1, and (3) have a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- COP202 is offered each semester: fall, winter/spring and summer and offered either on site or online.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Matthew Qualter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (978) 739-5511.