Participation in an Internship will:
- Offer you an opportunity to obtain employment following college in your major program of study
- Give you a competitive edge in a competitive economy
- Allow you the ability to network to find an internship
- Help you learn to interact with professionals and customers and work effectively with cultural and ethnic diversity issues
- Test your knowledge and training
- Put your education to work
- Develop your workplace confidence
- Provide an opportunity for you to work well both independently and in groups to achieve individual and team goals respectively
- Allow you to deal with conflict at work
- Polish and refine your existing skills
- Give you valuable marketable work experience
- Prepare you for entry into the world of work
- Help you decide if your program of study is "right for you"
- Develop your professional behavior in the workplace
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Internship Office at internshipnorthshore.edu.