North Shore Community College welcomes international applications. Students who are not United States citizens or legal permanent residents must follow specific procedures to apply for admission as international students.
- Complete the Admissions Application (pdf 1.7M ).
- Complete the Information Sheet for International Students.
- Submit official secondary/high school diploma or transcript.
- Complete the Immunization Requirement Form.
- If applicable, submit official transcripts of all university studies completed. If documents are not in English, an official translation must be attached. See the Center for Educational Documentation if you need your transcripts evaluated.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency, if English is not your first language. Evidence may be demonstrated by submitting one of the following methods:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL link) score report.
- 500 or higher on the paper-based test
- 173 on the computer-based test
- 61 on the TOEFL iBT.
- You can obtain information about the tests by phone at (609) 771-7100 or on the website www.toefl.org NSCC TOEFL Institution Code: 3651
- Students who are presently in the U.S. can make arrangements to take the NSCC Computerized Placement Test in Communications (Reading & Writing) to determine English proficiency. More information
- Completed a one-semester of college level English at an American college or University achieving a grade of C or better. Submit an official college transcript with application.
- If you are currently on an F-1 visa studying in the United States and would like to transfer to NSCC, you must complete the Transfer Form and submit a copy of your current SEVIS I-20 Form.
- FINANCIAL SPONSOR: The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) requires international students to present proof of their ability to pay for all educational and living expenses while studying in the United States. If a sponsor is going to provide financial support, Your sponsor must submit the following:
- Complete Certificate of Financial Support (page 6 of the International Students packet) or obtain a notarized letter from your sponsor stating that the sponsor will be responsible for your educational and living expenses for the duration of your education at NSCC. (We require 2 original (no photocopies, emails or faxes); one for our records and one to present to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.)
- Submit two original letters from a bank, on bank letterhead with a seal or stamp, indicating at least the following minimum Estimated Educational and Living Expenses for One Year is in your or your sponsor’s bank account (not your monthly bank statement) convertible into U.S. dollars.
- Complete the International Student Acknowledgement Form (page 7 of the International Students packet).
Indicate on the Application for Admission/Matriculation the program (major) in which you intend to matriculate. International applications are not accepted for the following part-time credit programs or clock hour programs:
- Aesthetics and Skin Care
- Computer Aided Design Certificate
- Developmental Disabilities Direct Support Certificate
- Early Care Education: Infant/Toddler Child Care Certificate
- English as a Second Language Program
- Paralegal Certificate
- Special Needs
- Youth Worker
Applications should be submitted four months before the requested entrance date.
Submit all documents to:
North Shore Community College
1 Ferncroft Road
Danvers, MA 01923-0840 USA.
Health Insurance and Immunization
If you are accepted to NSCC you must purchase the Health Insurance policy offered by the college. You must also submit an Immunization Record to the Health Services Office at NSCC prior to registering for classes.
Financial Aid and Housing
Unfortunately, no financial assistance is available from NSCC for international students. International applicants are responsible for all costs associated with studying in the U.S. At no time is an international student eligible for in-state tuition. There is no on-campus housing. It is your responsibility to obtain your own housing. The NSCC Student Activities Office and the local newspaper provide listings of apartments for rent in the area.
NSCC has three campuses. Public transportation is available at the Lynn campus. We offer a shuttle bus from the Lynn campus to the Danvers and Essex Aggie campuses on a daily basis. Please be aware of transportation schedules when planning your classes.