A - Z | Find Courses | Find Faculty & Staff | Search Site
North Shore Community College
You are here: Home  >  International Students  >  International Students Home

International Students

North Shore Community College welcomes international applications. Students who are not United States citizens or legal permanent residents must follow specific procedures to apply for admission as international students.

The Application Process

  1. Complete the Admissions Application (pdf 1.7M ).

  2. Complete the Information Sheet for International Students (pdf 9k ).

  3. You must provide proof of successful completion of high school (secondary school). You should also submit official transcripts of all university study completed if applicable. See the Center for Educational Documentation if you need your transcripts evaluated.

  4. If you are currently on F-1 status studying in the United States, complete the Transfer Form and submit a copy of your current SEVIS I-20 Form.

  5. The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) requires international students to present proof of their ability to pay for all educational and living expenses while studying in the United States. Submit two original letters (not photocopies or faxes) from a bank, on bank letterhead with a seal or stamp, indicating at least the following minimum Estimated Educational and Living Expenses for One Year (see below) in your or your sponsor’s bank account (not your monthly bank statement) convertible into U.S. dollars.

    Tuition and Fees $10,516 (based on $434 per credit for 24 credits)
    Books and Supplies $1,200  
    Room and Board $15,700 (subtracted if provided by sponsor)
    Health Insurance (mandatory) $1,600  
    Personal Costs $2,500  
    Total $31,516 ($15,716 if sponsor provides room & board)
    * If your spouse or any unmarried minor children (under 18 years of age) will accompany you to the U.S. (F-2 status), add 5,000.00 per person to the total estimate of expenses.

  6. If a sponsor is going to provide funds for room and board, submit two original letters (not photocopies or faxes) from your sponsor stating that he/she will sponsor you while you are a student. The letters must state that you are being sponsored specifically for NSCC and must be signed by your sponsor.

  7. Applicants whose primary language is not English must submit proof of proficiency in the English language. Evidence may be presented by submitting a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report (500 or higher on the paper-based test, 173 on the computer-based test, or a 61 on the TOEFL iBT. International students are not accepted into the English as a Second Language (ESL) program. You can obtain information about the tests from:
    TOEFL : Educational Testing Services
    Box 6151
    Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
    Phone: (609) 771-7100
    Website: www.toefl.org
    (NSCC TOEFL Institution Code: 3651)

Indicate on the Application for Admission/Matriculation the program (major) in which you intend to matriculate. International applications are not accepted for the following part-time credit programs or clock hour programs:

  • Aesthetics and Skin Care
  • Computer Aided Design Certificate
  • Cosmetology
  • Developmental Disabilities Direct Support Certificate
  • Early Care Education: Infant/Toddler Child Care Certificate
  • English as a Second Language Program
  • Paraeducator
  • Paralegal Certificate
  • Special Needs
  • Youth Worker

Applications should be submitted four months before the requested entrance date.
Submit all documents to:
North Shore Community College
Admissions/Enrollment Services
1 Ferncroft Road
Danvers, MA 01923-0840 USA.

Health Insurance and Immunization

If you are accepted to NSCC you must purchase the Health Insurance policy offered by the college. You must also submit an Immunization Record to the Health Services Office at NSCC prior to registering for classes.

Financial Aid and Housing

Unfortunately, no financial assistance is available from NSCC for international students. International applicants are responsible for all costs associated with studying in the U.S. At no time is an international student eligible for in-state tuition. There is no on-campus housing. It is your responsibility to obtain your own housing. The NSCC Student Activities Office and the local newspaper provide listings of apartments for rent in the area.


NSCC has three campuses. Public transportation is available at the Lynn campus. We offer a shuttle bus from the Lynn campus to the Danvers and Essex Aggie campuses on a daily basis. Please be aware of transportation schedules when planning your classes.

Sign In