Benefits of Dual Enrollment
Early College dual enrollment is a natural extension of the national focus on getting students better prepared for college. Aimed at providing high school students with an early start and exposure to college course-taking, the dual enrollment program creates opportunities for:
- Transferrable college credits;
- Both high school and college credit for a single course, potentially reducing the time needed to earn a college degree;
- Exposure to college courses while in high school, and thus a better understanding of what is expected in college;
- Improved skills in time management and handling responsibility as well as improved study habits;
- Increased confidence in their ability to handle college;
- Gain an understanding of college culture.