Need help with Blackboard Learn, online or hybrid courses? Contact us at email@example.com.
You might also check out our Frequently Asked Questions on
Students Using Blackboard
Faculty Using Blackboard
Skype: Best Practices
- Go to www.skype.com
- Download the software on your laptop
- Create an account.
- Alternatively, pick up a laptop from Media Services with Skype already loaded on it.
- Know your Skype caller user name and place in your "contacts"
- Be sure your Skype caller knows your user name and places in his/her contacts
- Test in the classroom in advance of your session:
- Place your laptop on the lectern in the front of the classroom.
- Connect the VGA cable that is hanging loose on the top of the lectern into your laptop.
- Connect the audio cable that is with the VGA cable to the headphone jack on your laptop.
- Turn on your PC.
- Click on the Skype icon on the desktop
- Put in your user name
- Put in your password
- Under home, click on contacts
- Click on the contact of the person to whom you'd like to connect.
- Alternatively, search the Skype Directory with the user name of the person you’d like to whom you’d like to speak.
- For audio, be sure the audio setting are set as follows: "Tools" then "Options" then "Audio Settings" then "Communication Headphones"