North Shore Community College Commencement
Do you believe you would be an inspirational student speaker for the graduating class of 2018? Do you meet the eligibility requirements? If so, consider applying and nominating yourself for the 52nd student commencement speaker role!
Deadline to submit nominations is Friday, March 23rd at 4:00pm.
Speaker eligibility requirements
- A graduate of August 2017, November 2017, January 2018 or confirmed potential May or June 2018 graduate by the Registrar
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA, or better, at close of Fall 2017
- Available to audition for selection committee sometime in April
- Must consent to publicity
The speech you submit, must not be more than 10 minutes long. An ideal Commencement speech is usually between 5 to 10 minutes. Your speech should be 3-4 pages typed and double-spaced.
Complete requirements and selection process >
Speech criteria to consider
- Speech Organization: The speech has an intro/thesis, conclusion, and supporting paragraphs.
- NSCC Connection: The speech reflects NSCC’s mission, values, memories and spirit.
- Student Relatability: The speech has the potential to engage students and reflects their experiences.
- Speech Readiness: The speech has the polish to be easily edited or does not require major edits.
- Complete the online application
- Email your speech immediately after you complete the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment