A - Z | Find Courses | Find Faculty & Staff | Search Site
North Shore Community College
You are here: Home  >  Office of Admissions  >  How to Apply  >  Transfer Students

How to Apply: Transfer Students

If you want to transfer from another college or university to NSCC please follow the steps listed below.

Step 1: Choose a Program of Study

  • Before applying, you must choose a program of study from our list of associate degree & certificate programs. Some programs are considered "Special Admissions". Students should check here to find out if the program they are interested in special admissions.
  • If your goals include transferring to a 4-year college, you should research your options through transfer services.
  • If you need help deciding on a program, contact our Lynn office at (781) 477-2107, our Danvers office at (978) 762-4188, or email info@northshore.edu.


Step 2: Apply to Your Program


Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid

  • Complete a FREE Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Apply online using FAFSA on the Web at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
  • The Lynn Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) offers financial aid information and assistance to low-income, first generational potential college students. They can be reached at (781) 477-2114.
  • NSCC school code is 002173. For more information, contact the Student Financial Services office at (978) 762-4189 or (781) 477-2191 or email sfs@northshore.edu.


Step 4: Take the Placement Test

  • Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs) in reading, writing and mathematics are required.
  • Testing is offered on a walk-in basis (No Appointment Necessary!).
  • For office hours and more information call (978) 739- 5429 in Danvers (Room DB213) or (781) 593-6722 x6695 in Lynn (Room LS-215).

***If you have completed a Mathematics or English course with a grade of C or higher at an accredited institution, you may be eligible for exemption from testing. Submit a copy of your transcript or grade report to Enrollment and Students Records.***


Step 5: Attend a New Student Orientation

  • New Student Orientations are required for all new students to NSCC. At your orientation you will meet with advisors and register for courses.
  • Sign up for a New Student Orientation
  • For Orientation questions contact the Student Support & Advising Center at (978) 762-4036 in Danvers or (781) 477-2132 in Lynn.

Sign In