How to Apply: Transfer Students
If you want to transfer from another college or university to NSCC please follow the steps listed below.
Step 1: Choose a Program of Study
- Before applying, you must choose a program of study from our list of associate degree &
certificate programs. Some programs are considered "Special Admissions". Students should check here to find out if the program they are interested in special admissions.
- If your goals include transferring to a 4-year college, you should research your options
through transfer services.
- If you need help deciding on a program, contact our Lynn office at (781) 477-2107, our
Danvers office at (978) 762-4188, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Apply to Your Program
- You may apply online or submit a completed Admissions Application (no application fee) to the Enrollment and Student Records office. Monday - Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Thursday and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. You must provide: High school transcript, copy of diploma or GED as well as official college transcripts to the Enrollment and Student Records Office.
Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete a FREE Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Apply online using
FAFSA on the Web at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- The Lynn Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) offers financial aid information and
assistance to low-income, first generational potential college students. They can be reached
at (781) 477-2114.
- NSCC school code is 002173. For more information, contact the Student Financial
Services office at (978) 762-4189 or (781) 477-2191 or email email@example.com.
Step 4: Take the Placement Test
- Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs) in reading, writing and mathematics are required.
- Testing is offered on a walk-in basis (No Appointment Necessary!).
- For office hours and more information call (978) 739- 5429 in Danvers (Room DB213) or
(781) 593-6722 x6695 in Lynn (Room LS-215).
***If you have completed a Mathematics or English course with a grade of C or higher at
an accredited institution, you may be eligible for exemption from testing. Submit a copy of
your transcript or grade report to Enrollment and Students Records.***
Step 5: Attend a New Student Orientation
- New Student Orientations are required for all new students to NSCC. At your orientation you will meet with advisors and register for courses.
- Sign up for a New Student Orientation
- For Orientation questions contact the Student Support & Advising Center at (978) 762-4036 in Danvers or (781) 477-2132 in Lynn.